Most people have had occasion to use a tarp at some point to keep firewood dry, temporarily patch a leaky roof, or in some cases for shelter. But when SHTF, there are a variety of survival uses for a humble tarp. We’ve listed 25 of these uses below.
- Temporary Shelter from sun and rain.
- Create a Windbreak to protect yourself from extreme wind.
- Make a Stretcher from your tarp to carry someone who is injured or ill back to your campsite or to get professional medical attention if available.
- Protect your Fire from rain or wind when needed.
- Create a Hammock out of a tarp for sleeping off the ground in wet conditions or if the ground is particularly rocky or overrun with insects.
Read more at https://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/the-tarp/