While emergency services personnel are the best trained and equipped to handle emergencies, they may not be immediately available in a catastrophic disaster. In such a situation, members of the community may be on their own for several days or longer. They may have to rely on their own resources for food, water, first aid, and shelter, and neighbors or coworkers may have to provide immediate assistance to those who are hurt or need other help.
Our Three Day Disaster Preparedness Course teaches you the skills needed to help your family, neighbors, and community survive a disaster.
After the training, you may be eligible to join Lincoln Park’s CERT team. The requirements to become a member of Lincoln Park CERT are:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have completed a CERT Basic Training course.
- You are a resident of Wayne County
- You pass a basic background check provided by the Lincoln Park Police Department.
Class Dates and Times
- Friday, May 29, 2020 – 5:00PM to 9:00PM
- Saturday, May 30, 2020 – 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Sunday, May 31, 2020- 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM