It is the mission of the Wayne County Department of Public Health (WCDPH), Medical Reserve Corps to assist the public health department by providing quality volunteer health care professionals who can maintain services such as health, education and disease prevention during public health emergencies.
Why Join Our MRC?
- To support the WCDPH response to emergency and non emergency health situations.
- To support WCDPH activities in a way that will improve the health and lives of its citizens.
To provide additional volunteer health professionals who can conduct community outreach programs, emergency preparedness, disease prevention, readiness training and planning.
- To support your local neighborhood community.
- Your commitment level is based on your availability.
- The WCDPH will not use your services for longer than necessary.
- Your time is precious and we value it.
Are you ready to become a part of the Medical Reserve Corps?
Great, just fill out the MRC Application Form and return to the MRC Coordinator. Then, register as a “general volunteer” on the Michigan Volunteer Registry (once you complete these steps, you will be contacted with further information).
For more information please contact the Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-727-7030.